Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82470members
350041posts

UTS10BI - APC 10-Circuit Universal Transfer Switch

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
douglasfenton_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

UTS10BI - APC 10-Circuit Universal Transfer Switch

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/7/2011

Been looking at the UTS family of products.
I have a 8000 watt diesel generator that is part of my RV. It is 120V, 2 poll output - 60A total.
I have an 1800 watt inverter that is part of the same RV.

My question - Will the UTS accept / work with 2 poll 120V that does not make 240?

The manual says even for the 120V only unit that the 240 V must be connected from the utility. I have no issues with that. But when the utility is not working - I will have 1800 Watt 120 V inverter operating until I start the generator that is 120V - 30Amp times 2 = 60amp 120 -

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: UTS10BI - APC 10-Circuit Universal Transfer Switch

This reply was originally posted by Dana on APC forums on 12/22/2012

Hi - did you figure this out? Was it the fuse?

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
bkmech_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/31/2011

I have a UTS6H fault code #2 circut no out put after plugging in compressor. Thought I popped breaker but did not. I have input to transfer switch no out put. Any suggestions

douglasfenton_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/7/2011

Then it will not work -

http://www.cumminsonan.com/rv/products/dieselandhybrid/compare?gensetId=109&detail=true

THe Onan 8000 watt is 35A 2-pole, 1 phase.

Not sure why these UTS are made for 220V only - Most generators, computer equipment, etc - Until you get into big commercial things are 120.

the UTS6 - that says 120V - Also seems to require 2 phase...

If I miss understand / if these things can be used - Let me know.

I really liked the UPS feature, combined with generator input...

Thanks,

Doug

R2_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/2/2011

Hi bkmech, i would probably start be checking/ replacing the fuse on the corresponding circuit for that UTS. Typically that messages indicated that the fuse has blown. Hope this helps.

danolgb_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/14/2011

Actually, looking at the stats, it should work with that generator. The 2 poles are the two 180 degree phases. Just make sure you're using an actual 240 V circuit and not two 120 V circuits from the same pole of the generator.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Dana on APC forums on 12/22/2012

Hi - did you figure this out? Was it the fuse?