Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84384members
353569posts

UTS10BI --- A little specification help

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
codename47_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

UTS10BI --- A little specification help

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/16/2011

After reading through the various pdf files available I still can't seem to find some basic information. The cable whip out of the unit, is it a 1/2", 3/4", etc... so I know what adapter to screw into a panel. Does the whip contain what I'm assuming is 20 individual wires for "IN and OUT" connection to main breaker? Are these wires 12ga stranded or 12awg for the 120v and 10awg or 10 stranded for the 240v?

I finally purchased one but no on can tell me when it will arrive due to the backorder problem but I'm hoping it is before it gets cold and icy so I have some means to back up the house "legally" and prevent any problems with the utility company. I also want to extend the whip so I can put the unit in the garage and then about 15ft to the basement breaker panel through the garage interior wall but I need to know some information on the whip and the strands so I can make the appropriate connections back to the panel. I want to have everything ready to go when it arrives so it is simply a screw to wall and fire it up.

Thanks for any help you all can lend. I've been reading the forum and it is very informative...

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: UTS10BI --- A little specification help

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/17/2011

i'll get a confirmation for you soon. we think its 12AWG stranded but we will double check.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
dBeau_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/17/2011

codename47 wrote:After reading through the various pdf files available I still can't seem to find some basic information. The cable whip out of the unit, is it a 1/2", 3/4", etc... so I know what adapter to screw into a panel. Does the whip contain what I'm assuming is 20 individual wires for "IN and OUT" connection to main breaker? Are these wires 12ga stranded or 12awg for the 120v and 10awg or 10 stranded for the 240v?
It's a 3/4" flex conduit for the whip that contains 22 wires, 20x 12g stranded wire for the in/out's and 2x 10g stranded wires for neutral.

codename47_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/18/2011

Awesome thanks for the whip size. I wondered how the neutral was working and they chose 10 stranded... interesting. I guess the 240v is still 20 amp so it only needs 12 stranded. This will assist me greatly in my setup preperation. I just hope they actually ship the unit.

Message was edited by: codename47

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/17/2011

i'll get a confirmation for you soon. we think its 12AWG stranded but we will double check.