Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349745posts

UPS information to webpage

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
bradzynda_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

UPS information to webpage

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/23/2008

Was wondering if anyone has automated the process of pulling load, time up, and name from the monitoring software to a web page.

Any example code in any language would be great, looking how to call or request information from the ups. Giving username password for login and pulling data back and if not in string format what type it will come back in.

Thanks,

Brad Zynda

Accepted Solutions
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: UPS information to webpage

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/24/2008

Like TNK said, SNMP is the way to go. PHP has built-in SNMP support which makes getting that information to a web page a snap:

http://us.php.net/snmp

I'd be interested in hearing about what you come up with.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
bradzynda_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Have a card and guess I just need to figure out the php snmp end of it.

Thanks for the push in the right direction, I'll leave the thread open and post the code when I put it together.

Thanks,

Brad Zynda

TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Brad,

Have you explored SNMP at all? You'd probably want to look into a Network Management Card if so. You could probably pull the OID's to an NMS which then converts it to a file and uploads it to a webpage on a rotation.

voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Like TNK said, SNMP is the way to go. PHP has built-in SNMP support which makes getting that information to a web page a snap:

http://us.php.net/snmp

I'd be interested in hearing about what you come up with.