Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350107posts

UPS FOR 40 PC'S

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

UPS FOR 40 PC'S

This question was originally posted by Allan on APC forums on 6/10/2011

Good Morning, what UPS should i use in order to connect 40 personal computer, backup time, 5 minutres
can you give me part number and if you can how do you obtain the total amount in order to select the specifid model, computer are basic configuration, dual core, 15 inches monitor

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: UPS FOR 40 PC'S

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 6/10/2011

Are you looking for a single UPS solution or a multiple UPS solution? Do you have any idea how many watts does the LCD and System unit draws?

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

I see. For UPS sizing, it would be helpful if we could get these power consumption.

If the customer wants a centralize UPS, what they may need is a higher VA SmartUPS RT which they can hardwire into an 208V input panel and they would need to use a step down transformer to get 120V AC. For step down transformer, I would recommend having a hardwire step down so that they could wire it up to an electrical panel. If they will be using a plug type step down transformer, it only has limited number of 120V AC outlets.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Allan on APC forums on 6/11/2011

dont have consumption, do you think a 20kva will be fine, surt20krml..... with the step down

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Are you looking for a single UPS solution or a multiple UPS solution? Do you have any idea how many watts does the LCD and System unit draws?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Allan on APC forums on 6/10/2011

forgot to mention that i need the output at 110-120v input 208v

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Allan on APC forums on 6/10/2011

not really, i dont know anything about consumption, customer just say that he wants to centralice in one ups, 40 machines, im looking for a surt model, not symmetra