Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349749posts

UPB90 compatibility

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
jrobadue_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

UPB90 compatibility

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/9/2008

Hi --

I am looking at purchasing a UPB90 universal notebook battery ( http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=UPB90 ) for use with my Apple MacBook MB403LL/A. In the compatibility chart ( http://www.apc.com/prod_docs/UPA_compatibilityGuides.cfm ), all of the other UPA and UPB models are listed, but the UPB90 is missing. The UPB80 chart would seem to suggest that it is only compatible with older Apple notebooks, but since the UPB90 looks like it is an entirely new design, I was hoping that it would support newer notebooks like my MacBook. Anyone know where I could find a compatibility chart for the UPB90, or know offhand if it works with newer MacBooks?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions
jrobadue_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: UPB90 compatibility

Thanks Mike -- that is rather unfortunate. The mag/mini-DV connectors are a nice innovation but being proprietary/non-standard is definitely a serious downside when trying to pick up accessories.

Jonathan

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
mtroha_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

jrobadue,

As far as I am aware, none of the UPB models are yet compatible with the new MacBook power connectors which use the magnetic connections for the power connector. I too would like to see this compatability added, being a Apple user myself!

-Mike

jrobadue_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks Mike -- that is rather unfortunate. The mag/mini-DV connectors are a nice innovation but being proprietary/non-standard is definitely a serious downside when trying to pick up accessories.

Jonathan