Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82695members
350420posts

UAC Message at Startup on Windows 7

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
rheitzman_at_gmail.com_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

UAC Message at Startup on Windows 7

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/14/2011

I searched but no resolution found in the forum for the UAC prompt at login - Personal Edition 3.0

I see post from back in 2010.

Has this design flaw not yet been fixed?

I don't want to open my PC up by turning of UAC>

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: UAC Message at Startup on Windows 7

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/7/2011

h1. this is now fixed!

PCPE version 3.0.0.1 is now available on the web. This is an interim release that is available in English & German and addresses three major concerns.

Fixes in this release:*

•With Windows UAC enabled, when a user logged on to Windows Vista or Windows 7, the UAC dialog always asked the user to approve starting the PowerChute Systray icon. This will no longer happen.

•After un-installing PowerChute, hibernation was not being restored and has been corrected.

• When selecting PowerChute Technical data screen it would be displayed very slowly and sometimes the internal PC fan made a lot of noise (indicating over usage). This has also been addressed.

Here is the link to the software or you can browse to it on apc.com/tools/download

http://www.apc.com/tools/download/software_comp.cfm?sw_sku=SFPCPE3001

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Davide on APC forums on 7/14/2011

it's quite embarassing for APC I think but there is no fix yet, there is only a workaround.

http://forums.apc.com/spaces/5/smart-ups-symmetra-lx-rm/forums/general/6653/discharge-issue-on-sc450...

rheitzman_at_gmail.com_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/16/2011

OK

I'll just remove it.... I only loaded it when I needed to silence the alarm when the battery went south. I'll probably yank the USB connection too as I'm always sitting at the PC when it is on.

BTW APC... You should encourage the stores that started caring UPS' a while back to start carrying the replacement batteries. I went back the store (Staples) and they wouldn't even order one for me. I went and bought a brand X at BatteriesPlus. If ths works out for you may be you could hire a programmer to get your software to work on Windows 7!

johnames_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/26/2011

Not only is the version 3 problem not fixed, but the workaround of using version 2.2 doesn't seem to work either, at least on my Windows 7 machine. It still requires dealing with the UAC prompt. I know that fixing this problem will require APC to dig into Windows, but that is what software engineers do. I hope they widely publicize the fix when they develop one.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/26/2011

we certainly will here at least.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/7/2011

h1. this is now fixed!

PCPE version 3.0.0.1 is now available on the web. This is an interim release that is available in English & German and addresses three major concerns.

Fixes in this release:*

•With Windows UAC enabled, when a user logged on to Windows Vista or Windows 7, the UAC dialog always asked the user to approve starting the PowerChute Systray icon. This will no longer happen.

•After un-installing PowerChute, hibernation was not being restored and has been corrected.

• When selecting PowerChute Technical data screen it would be displayed very slowly and sometimes the internal PC fan made a lot of noise (indicating over usage). This has also been addressed.

Here is the link to the software or you can browse to it on apc.com/tools/download

http://www.apc.com/tools/download/software_comp.cfm?sw_sku=SFPCPE3001