Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350106posts

Smart-UPS RT 20000 ,bypass mode

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
itm-laamu_at_sixsenses.com_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Smart-UPS RT 20000 ,bypass mode

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/29/2011

Hello ,

I am receiving following event notification very frequently with Smart-UPS RT 20000

UPS: An input voltage or frequency problem no longer prevents switching to bypass mode.

Please advice(Self-Test: Passed on December 24, 2011)

Thanks

Message was edited by: itm-laamu@sixsenses.com

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart-UPS RT 20000 ,bypass mode

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/16/2012

hmm it is still not in there for some reason..can you navigate to the web page and perhaps take a screenshot? this info is listed under the UPS tab-> Configuration->Power.

thanks!

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/2/2012

please provide data.txt, event.txt, and config.ini from the network management card. this will help us determine the issue. instructions on doing that are here -> http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9321

essentially, this message generally means that your voltage and/or frequency is fluctuating and if the UPS has to go to bypass, it may drop the load or pass through this voltage or frequency to your equipment, depending on settings. the event you provided is technically the "clearing event" for the actual condition so the situation i mentioned happened at some point. it also can be caused by an incorrect voltage setting versus whats being able to being input to the UPS.

we can better tell by the logs if you can provide them.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/12/2012

hello,

did modify the config.ini file in any way to hide information before posting? i ask because i am trying to see some UPS configuration on transfer voltages which should be under the [SmartUPS/Matrix] section in the config.ini. but that section is blank and it looks like it has been deleted. this will tell me what the UPS is set for versus what is being populated in the data log. thanks.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/16/2012

hmm it is still not in there for some reason..can you navigate to the web page and perhaps take a screenshot? this info is listed under the UPS tab-> Configuration->Power.

thanks!