Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84632members
353965posts

Recalled Back-UPS, what to do?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Recalled Back-UPS, what to do?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/29/2016

After reading this posting, I went and checked the one Back-UPS CS series unit that I've got in active service (a BK350 with serial number JB0205001151 and no R in the model number) to see if it might have been subject to the recall that was mentioned.

If I've read all the recall information correctly, it seems that my BK350 is subject to the recall! However, all of that information is from 2003 or so and it doesn't seem like the URL to seek a replacement is valid any longer. (I see an  APC FAQ page concerning this, but it has no contact information or procedure.) Is this recall still in effect, and if so, what should I do to participate?

(If anyone knows, I'd be very curious as to what goes wrong in these units that necessitated a recall. This one's been working perfectly well for over a decade of constant use and is up to its second battery.)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Recalled Back-UPS, what to do?

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 2/29/2016

Hi,

Call technical support at 1-800-890-4272 Monday - Friday 8 AM - 8 PM Eastern time and they will help you will the recall. 

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Recalled Back-UPS, what to do?

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 2/29/2016

Hi,

Call technical support at 1-800-890-4272 Monday - Friday 8 AM - 8 PM Eastern time and they will help you will the recall.