Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350107posts

PowerChute cannot communicate with the Management Card

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
leom_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

PowerChute cannot communicate with the Management Card

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/27/2008

I m try to conect to managment card and when i'm install Network Shutdown client on other computer. I see next message "Security information did not match information at 192.168.1.91". I can go on http protocol on managment card. What is it problem?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: PowerChute cannot communicate with the Management Card

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/31/2012

ok, so it is what i expected. the only two issues that can cause this are you did not use the same administrator username for PCNS as what is used as the administrator username and password on your network management card (which appeared to be apc per your screenshot) or that authentication phrase in my screenshot is wrong.

did you use apc as the username when you installed PCNS? did you reset the authentication phrase on the NMC back to admin user phrase (case sensitive)? then you need to type it the same way when PCNS prompts for it.

if you did, i might reset the network management card to defaults, excluding TCP/IP. you could back up the config.ini file from it first which can be done via FTP. instructions on doing that are here if this device is on the public side of struxureware central or if it is on the private side, you'd need to connect to that private side and back it up via FTP. i am thinking a reset might be good if something is corrupt.

See Answer In Context

10 Replies 10
grum13_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/1/2011

Hi

Sorted thank you. For some reason the authentication phrase was different on the powerchute to the NMC, even though it was a default install..?

Set them both back to defaults all fixed.

Thanks again

Message was edited by: grum13

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Annie on APC forums on 11/27/2008

Hi

What's NMC card firmware version? What user/password/authentication phrase did you type during PCNS install? Please note the administrator user name and authentication phrase authenticate the communication between PCNS and the NMC. Because of this you must set the values in PCNS to match the values for the NMC. (Note that it is allowable to set a password for PCNS that is different from the password for the NMC.)

In the NMC, the default administrator user name and password are both apc. The default setting for the authentication phrase is admin user phrase. If you input the correct user/password/auth phrase, the issue still occured, you may need to login to the card via web browser and navigate to UPS-PowerChute-Configuration(under PowerChute) to change auth phrase. After that, login off. Then install the PCNS again and type the user/auth phrase that same as those in the card. Hope it helps.

dgriffith_at_i3.com_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/27/2012

Hi
I am currently having the same issue described in the original thread however, when I reset the credentials to be the same across the board, I'm still getting the mis-matched error. We have changed the password for log ins to the NMC but I triple checked to make sure I'm typing everything in correctly and everything should match up.
Any other tips?
Thank you.

Message was edited by: dgriffith@i3.com

dgriffith_at_i3.com_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/30/2012

Oh, sorry, yes I had. And I had installed and ran PC on another machine with the same settings/credentials.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/30/2012

how and where are you resetting the credentials? can you be more specific so we can ensure you got everything?

dgriffith_at_i3.com_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Sure
I attached a screen shot. I'm logged into InfraStruxure Central, then logged into the UPS.

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

have you changed the powerchute authentication phrase? the screenshot you showed me is the username and password for the NMC itself.

Check under the NMC UPS tab and then look for powerchute configuration. you need to make sure the authentication phrase listed in that section is the same as it is when you install powerchute network shutdown. the default that you can set it to is admin user phrase

see my screenshot i attached.

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

can you post a screenshot of the result you get? just want to ask around and have something to show and clarify. thanks.

the normal things that cause security mismatch are incorrect username between PCNS and NMC (username must match) and then the authentication phrase being incorrect that i showed.

dgriffith_at_i3.com_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Attached.

Thanks again.

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/31/2012

ok, so it is what i expected. the only two issues that can cause this are you did not use the same administrator username for PCNS as what is used as the administrator username and password on your network management card (which appeared to be apc per your screenshot) or that authentication phrase in my screenshot is wrong.

did you use apc as the username when you installed PCNS? did you reset the authentication phrase on the NMC back to admin user phrase (case sensitive)? then you need to type it the same way when PCNS prompts for it.

if you did, i might reset the network management card to defaults, excluding TCP/IP. you could back up the config.ini file from it first which can be done via FTP. instructions on doing that are here if this device is on the public side of struxureware central or if it is on the private side, you'd need to connect to that private side and back it up via FTP. i am thinking a reset might be good if something is corrupt.