Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84654members
354004posts

Please help ME ::: Whether my replaced battery is an original APC battery or not ?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
aldov_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Please help ME ::: Whether my replaced battery is an original APC battery or not ?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/18/2013

My APC Back UPS 1000 VA (BR1000-IN) got some problem so we complained at Indian support (1800-4254-877) .And they agreed  to replace our battery because its was under 2 years warranty period. But the battery is not looking like original battery. It got no molded APC logo on it. and the stickers are not pasted properly ...So please help me to find whether its an original battery or not.

.1248_DSC_0159.jpg

1249_DSC_0155.jpg

1250_DSC_0158.jpg

Accepted Solutions
aldov_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: Please help ME ::: Whether my replaced battery is an original APC battery or not ?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/20/2013

then this  replaced battery is surely a used old battery...let me see how the next service engineer will replace. thank you very much for information... smile i will report you back about next battery's condition.

See Answer In Context

10 Replies 10
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Please help ME ::: Whether my replaced battery is an original APC battery or not ?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/18/2013

what did the box look like? Did it have an RBC model and serial number and show it shipped from APC warehouse?

aldov_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

actually one service engineer from Madurai (india) came to my home. he brought only this battery alone. he did not brought any box or cover of battery. And backup of this replaced battery is not good as previous APC battery (now backup time is around 5 minutes frown only but on previous battery on good condition its was around 20 minutes. ) i think they have pasted new original battery's sticker on old battery .

aldov_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

see the newly replaced battery's warranty seal is broken

1258_war.PNG

see the corner of serial no. sticker is lifted up

1259_serial - Copy.PNG

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Let me see if our India support can help.. I can see the case but that is about it so far. Not sure what they did.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

very good evidence. Let me see what one of my co-workers in India can figure out. I'll report back.

aldov_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

now the backup time is not even 1second!!!....and most of the time my pc iis not even able to be turned on..this battery is poor than by old one :(...please do immideate action because I do all my daily works on my pc ....

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/20/2013

I will follow up again with our India team since I cannot do much from here. Someone was supposed to follow up with you but I've sent another request. Sorry for the trouble frown

aldov_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

ok..today afternoon we got an call from chennai(india) that they will sent an service engineer to check again....but they are saying that sticker will be like this only for new battery also...and they are saying that they are checking again only for the backup time problem of our battery...is that true that every battery's stickers will be missplaced which are produced from indian APC warehouse??

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/20/2013

I can only speak for North America and no, I don't typically see this problem... the batteries come in boxes and are packaged like a brand new one..

aldov_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

then this  replaced battery is surely a used old battery...let me see how the next service engineer will replace. thank you very much for information... smile i will report you back about next battery's condition.