Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82470members
350042posts

Not getting email notifications

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

littleboss
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Not getting email notifications

I have a new  Smart UPS 750  SMT750C and don't get email notifications of events. If I unplug it from AC power and then look in my Event Log online I see UPS on Battery and then Power Restored. So I know the info is getting to the AP server.

I have tried both my hotmail and gmail accounts and neither work.

Thanks

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
littleboss
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Not getting email notifications

I downloaded Power Chute and set up my email there. Still doesn't work.. Logfile says:

2022-02-04 09:50:26,537 [SMTPMailWorker] WARN - [SMTPMailer.SMTPMailWorker.()] SMTPMailConfigException :javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.

2022-02-04 09:50:26,537 [SMTPMailWorker] WARN - [SMTPMailer.SMTPMailWorker.()] com.apcc.m11.components.SMTPMailer.SMTPMailConfigException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.

I got an app password from my Yahoo email for the Powerchute software and am using it. I had to do that for my Reolink NVR notifications to work. Still doesn't work.. My email settings:

Powerchuteemailsettings.JPG

Tags (1)
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

@littleboss 

Please follow the instruction found in this Stack Overflow post to allow less secure apps use your Yaho mail account. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62030011/allow-less-secure-app-access-in-yahoo-mail

Before I allowed less secure apps I would see 

2022-02-07 13:35:10,772 [SMTPMailWorker] WARN - [SMTPMailer.SMTPMailWorker.()] SMTPMailConfigException :javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.

2022-02-07 13:35:10,772 [SMTPMailWorker] WARN - [SMTPMailer.SMTPMailWorker.()] com.apcc.m11.components.SMTPMailer.SMTPMailConfigException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.0 (#AUTH005) Too many bad auth attempts.

After allowing less secure apps for my Yahoo account I now see 

2022-02-07 13:41:52,968 [SMTPMailWorker] WARN - [SMTPMailer.SMTPMailWorker.()] Send mail ok

Tags (1)
littleboss
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I had already created a password for the APC but I did try port 587. Still no go.

Message in log file says

2022-02-08 09:34:44,767 [SMTPMailWorker] WARN - [SMTPMailer.SMTPMailWorker.()] Subject :littleboss-HP : No Longer On Battery
2022-02-08 09:34:45,567 [SMTPMailWorker] WARN - [SMTPMailer.SMTPMailWorker.()] Send mail Failed :com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 554 Email rejected

I tried creating a new app password. No go.......

I then went to the APC Smart Connect website. There I created a custom notification with two events.

Now when I lose power or back on power I get emails. 

What was odd was that if i pulled the network cable I got a notification that their was no connection. So I went back and  looked at the Critical notifications and it was only set up for critical not the two that I wanted.

not sure why Power chute doesn't work but at least I get the notifications that I need.

Tags (1)