Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84588members
353854posts

Noisy Sound when working with APC BR1200GI

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
hotsihombing_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Noisy Sound when working with APC BR1200GI

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/12/2013

I've been using APC UPS for 6 years

the first product I use was Back-UPS RS1000 (model number BR1000I)

it works very good and silenty, I only hear noise when the UPS working in battery mode

3 days ago, I buy Back-UPS RS PRo (model number BR1200GI)

after charging for 8 hours, I connecting it to my another new pc, turn on the BR1200GI, then after 1-2 minute I turn on my pc

when I turn on BR1200GI, I hear the noisy sound from the fan, then the sound will get slower, but I still hear the noise

If I compare to my previous APC UPS BR1000I, there will be no sound at all, except if the BR1000I running on battery

I'm asking, is that normal ??? how to make my BR1200GI as quiet as my BR1000I ???

the sound really disturb me when I work, because I'm using it in my recording studio

any suggestion ???

Accepted Solutions
hotsihombing_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Noisy Sound when working with APC BR1200GI

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/13/2013

yes, the fan on BR1200GI is too loud if compared to my BR100I, especially when NOT working on battery

I know that the fan will turn on and sound loud when working on battery

same thing happen to my BR100I when working on battery

I think, when BR1200GI not working on battery, the fan should be no sound, like on my BR100I (except if I put my ear right on it)

UPS 100% charged, and I always turn on my UPS, both of them, I never turn it off

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/12/2013

So are you saying the fan is too loud (even louder than the fan on your other UPS when its on battery) or wondering why the fan is on?

Is the fan on right now? Is the UPS 100% charged? The fan should not be overly noisy but "noisy" to you and "noisy" to me also may mean different things embarassed

hotsihombing_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/13/2013

yes, the fan on BR1200GI is too loud if compared to my BR100I, especially when NOT working on battery

I know that the fan will turn on and sound loud when working on battery

same thing happen to my BR100I when working on battery

I think, when BR1200GI not working on battery, the fan should be no sound, like on my BR100I (except if I put my ear right on it)

UPS 100% charged, and I always turn on my UPS, both of them, I never turn it off