Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349751posts

No AC after changing battery in Back-UPS RS 1500

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
thall_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

No AC after changing battery in Back-UPS RS 1500

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/29/2013

I just replaced the battery in my Back-UPS RS 1500.  When I connect to AC and press the power button it will ONLY operate on the battery.  It's as if I never connected to AC.  I have tried multiple outlets all of which are working with other items.  No luck.  No evidence of damage to the AC cord or anything else.  The Unit was operating normally until previous battery became unchargeable.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: No AC after changing battery in Back-UPS RS 1500

This reply was originally posted by Shanon on APC forums on 12/8/2016

Hello Alexandre,

I am sorry that you are having an issue.

I am a little confused about exactly what model you have, the BR1500 is an older model Back-UPS, which does not have sensitivity settings. Do you have a BR1500G? What is the serial number?

Typically, 128V is a little high, but if you have sensitivity set to low, then it should be fine. Also, depending on the model, it is also too low for the AVR trim to turn on. 

Do you know what voltage the fluke measured incoming voltage as?

Thanks,
Shanon

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/30/2013

So is this a BR1500 or BR1500G (the G has the front panel LCD)? I am just wondering if you can see on the LCD if it shows 0V input voltage?

If not, do you have PowerChute Personal Edition installed so we can try to figure out why it is not going on battery (THD/electrical noise, voltage out of range - or it thinks it is but it is not, etc).

aaklug_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/6/2016

Hi,

I have same problem.

My Smart UPS BR1500 120V not recognizes AC; In Powerchute (Windows) i see AC power as 128V; Sensibility is set to LOW.

After power ON, GREEN LED (ON LINE) blinks six times while YELLOW LED (BATTERY) is solid. In a few seconds it goes to battery mode and GREEN LED if off.

Only operates at battery mode. I got a test on AC POWER LINE using Fluke meter and it is OK.

Thanks for any help

Alex

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Shanon on APC forums on 12/8/2016

Hello Alexandre,

I am sorry that you are having an issue.

I am a little confused about exactly what model you have, the BR1500 is an older model Back-UPS, which does not have sensitivity settings. Do you have a BR1500G? What is the serial number?

Typically, 128V is a little high, but if you have sensitivity set to low, then it should be fine. Also, depending on the model, it is also too low for the AVR trim to turn on. 

Do you know what voltage the fluke measured incoming voltage as?

Thanks,
Shanon