Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82697members
350420posts

Need suggestion for AV power conditioner with delayed switch on switch off

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
tonyhi_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Need suggestion for AV power conditioner with delayed switch on switch off

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/21/2011

Need suggestion for an AV Power Conditoner which includes the capability to setup a delay on the unit switches so that my preamp and cd will turn on then the power amp will switch on a bit later on a delayed basis. My Mcintosh Power Amp is a rebuilt vintage MC250 unit which does not have an off/on power switch. Its either on all the time (which I dont want) or you turn it on via an external switch. My current setup is causing "thumps" or transients in my speakers and I am concerned about damaging them. That is my primary need. I figure while I am at it I also should protect all my equipment including my HDTV etc but the first thing needed is the delayed switch. Have not been able to find that feature "called out" on the descriptions I have seen so far. Are there APC AV products which include this feature?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Need suggestion for AV power conditioner with delayed switch on switch off

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/22/2011

most do. if you just need delayed outlets and power conditioning (automatic voltage regulation), I'd check out H10BLK or H15BLK. if you need battery back up, I think the J type's will be good.

http://www.apc.com/products/apcav/products/index.cfm?action=model&id=310

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Need suggestion for AV power conditioner with delayed switch on switch off

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/22/2011

most do. if you just need delayed outlets and power conditioning (automatic voltage regulation), I'd check out H10BLK or H15BLK. if you need battery back up, I think the J type's will be good.

http://www.apc.com/products/apcav/products/index.cfm?action=model&id=310