Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82403members
349907posts

Need help regarding UPS !

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Need help regarding UPS !

This question was originally posted by XMan84 on APC forums on 4/25/2011

Am going to buy http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=sua1500i UPS for myself... actually I don't know alot about these electronic stuff that why am asking this question..Can I use this UPS for other purposes except computer ? for like lightining Up bulbs ,tv or fans? keeping the Watts in my head.. will it work ? secondly I don't see any slots for plugs...there are slots for that data cable of PC only.. confused damnnnnnn!

Accepted Solutions
juangele_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Need help regarding UPS !

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/25/2011

Hi x_man,

There are things that you might want to answer in order for us to find best solution for a certain configuration.

Required input voltage of your equipment?(120V/220V)

Runtime? (how much back up time you want to have for your equipment in an event of power problem)

Total Watts and VA?(you may see those information from a sticker on each devices that you want to stay up if there's power problem)

The SUA1500i from the link can support 980W/1500VA of attached equipment. And yes, a smart ups is compatible with almost all loads in which, tyically, we use it for computer peripherals. In addition, APC by Schneider Electric has available product that is compatible specifically for entertainment system such as television sets etc.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
juangele_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Need help regarding UPS !

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/25/2011

Hi x_man,

There are things that you might want to answer in order for us to find best solution for a certain configuration.

Required input voltage of your equipment?(120V/220V)

Runtime? (how much back up time you want to have for your equipment in an event of power problem)

Total Watts and VA?(you may see those information from a sticker on each devices that you want to stay up if there's power problem)

The SUA1500i from the link can support 980W/1500VA of attached equipment. And yes, a smart ups is compatible with almost all loads in which, tyically, we use it for computer peripherals. In addition, APC by Schneider Electric has available product that is compatible specifically for entertainment system such as television sets etc.