Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349751posts

Need a UPS of about 1500 va which will NEVER BEEP

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Positron_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Need a UPS of about 1500 va which will NEVER BEEP

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/23/2010

Hi all.

This UPS is used ONLY to provide power to a night time CPAP (1.5 amps) if/when the electricity goes off. Because this UPS is being used on a device that helps sleeping, I cannot have a BEEP if/when the home electricity goes off.

This UPS is NOT being used for a computer and will never be used for a computer or anything which requires a "shut down". It is only being used for a night time sleeping device.

QUESTION: Is there a good UPS unit which will not BEEP if/when the home/business electrical supply is interrupted ? Or is there a UPS which can be easily modified not to beep when the UPS unit must be the sole supplier of electricity to the attached device ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Matthewop_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: How long will the UPS power a 1.3 amp device ?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/25/2010

5 hours at least yes!

Message was edited by: Matthewop

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Need a UPS of about 1500 va which will NEVER BEEP

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 11/24/2010

i think most UPSs will allow you to mute the on battery sounds via software but it wont let you disable certain things such as replace battery or low battery.

j0235_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Need a UPS of about 1500 va which will NEVER BEEP

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/16/2011

I took mine apart and removed the buzzer from the circuit board, It will never ever ever beep...

Positron_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

How long will the UPS power a 1.3 amp device ?

The device to attach to the UPS draws 1.3 amps at the most. If the UPS specs shows 900 watt output, how long will my attached device run ? Seems like at least five hours, right ?

Positron_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Found an important document

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/29/2010

Thank you for all your replies.

Yikes. I just found this document: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/documents/service_support/battery_guide/19825_battery-guide_glo_eng....

The device is an S9 AutoSet with NO humidifier. The pressure is 14, and EPR is full time at "3". I was told that the draw is 1.1 amps.

Does this document seem to indicate that either of these two UPSs are not advisable ?

Message was edited by: Positron

Matthewop_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: How long will the UPS power a 1.3 amp device ?

5 hours at least yes!

Message was edited by: Matthewop