Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82804members
350645posts

Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
AlbertC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/15/2019

I manage a property that has security cameras, a DVR, and router.  Sometimes the property is vacant for 20 days or so.  There are frequent power outages, ranging from 30 minuets to a few days.  I am not so concerned about the system staying powered  up for the entire outage, but I NEED a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after an extended power outage. I am using a CP800DVR now and it needed to have the little button pushed manually after an outage of 1 1/2 hours.  This won't work. I need something that will ALWAYS come back on when power is up and stable again.  Any ideas? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
AlbertC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/16/2019

Hi Bill.  Thanks for the response. So knowing that all that is running off of the UPS would be a router and a DVR system with 6 cameras, and understanding that if a power surge comes through, or power goes off, or power goes on and off - or ANY reason that is causing the fault protection circuit in the UPS that I have NOW, to trip...... is either of these 2 different APC products suitable? 
Would the 'APC Smart-UPS SC SC420 420VA 120V UPS System' work, or why would you not recommend it?
Or would the 'APC Smart-UPS with SmartConnect Remote Monitoring,Pure Sine Wave Backup & Surge Protection(SMT750C)' be more suitable?  If so please explain why?
Thanks again

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 4/16/2019

Hi,

I suggest you look at one or the SMT Smart-UPS.  A SMT will do what you would like and if you add a network management card you can manage the UPS remotely. 

AlbertC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/16/2019

Hi Bill.  Thanks for the response. So knowing that all that is running off of the UPS would be a router and a DVR system with 6 cameras, and understanding that if a power surge comes through, or power goes off, or power goes on and off - or ANY reason that is causing the fault protection circuit in the UPS that I have NOW, to trip...... is either of these 2 different APC products suitable? 
Would the 'APC Smart-UPS SC SC420 420VA 120V UPS System' work, or why would you not recommend it?
Or would the 'APC Smart-UPS with SmartConnect Remote Monitoring,Pure Sine Wave Backup & Surge Protection(SMT750C)' be more suitable?  If so please explain why?
Thanks again