Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84371members
353554posts

My RS 900 clicking like a machine gun!!!

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Sisko_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/18/2012

Hi all, I have a RS 900 clicking like a machine gun and sometimes it goes on battery then the machine gun again all day long. I have set the sensitivity to low because at
medium it stay on battery. So does this indicate the my RS is dying here???? Gee they don't seem to last no more I had another one before and just dyed after the guarantee
was over and this one too the guarantee is finished so what to do now??? It's still working now but this annoying machine gun is starting to drive me mad.
What can I do now????

THANKS!!!

Sisko

Accepted Solutions
Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: My RS 900 clicking like a machine gun!!!

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/24/2013

Since one of you had this happen shortly after a battery change, one thing that came to mind was - check how secure the spade type battery terminal connections are at the battery. If it is loose/weak there could be arcing/intermittent connection which could result in flakey ups operation. I always make a point of using a pair of standard pliers to crimp the female spade terminal (Faston) ends when changing out battery cells/modules.

http://www.sterenshopusa.com/_imgs/prod/big/TFAC1-4L.JPG

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
Sisko_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/18/2012

Hi all, I have a RS 900 clicking like a machine gun and sometimes it goes on battery then the machine gun again all day long. I have set the sensitivity to low because at
medium it stay on battery. So does this indicate the my RS is dying here???? Gee they don't seem to last no more I had another one before and just dyed after the guarantee
was over and this one too the guarantee is finished so what to do now??? It's still working now but this annoying machine gun is starting to drive me mad.
What can I do now????

THANKS!!!

Sisko

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 9/19/2012

If it only operates this way on medium, then likely there is a power issue it doesn't like. Although I can't say it sounding like a machine gun is normal. What does the display show for an input voltage?

Sisko_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/20/2012

Hi there

Chrisri30 wrote:
If it only operates this way on medium, then likely there is a power issue it doesn't like. Although I can't say it sounding like a machine gun is normal. What does the display show for an input voltage?
Ok I don't have any display for voltage and I have changed wall sockets just to make sure it wasn't a bad connection and my sensitivity setting is at LOW not MEDIUM because at medium it stays
on battery all the time. So I know for now that this MIGHT be a Power Relay problem so I have ordered 2 of them and I'll see from there what could be the problem. I have sent a pic here of the
2 Power Relays and hope that this will fix the problem. I'll update the situation ASAP!!

Thanks!!

Sisko

Attachments
Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Sisko: The picture you posted is severly distorted / stretched on my screen when I open it and I can't make out many details at all....otherwise I might be able to comment.

Battman_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Since one of you had this happen shortly after a battery change, one thing that came to mind was - check how secure the spade type battery terminal connections are at the battery. If it is loose/weak there could be arcing/intermittent connection which could result in flakey ups operation. I always make a point of using a pair of standard pliers to crimp the female spade terminal (Faston) ends when changing out battery cells/modules.

http://www.sterenshopusa.com/_imgs/prod/big/TFAC1-4L.JPG