Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82528members
350133posts

Brand new Back-UPS Pro 1000 - Fan is running all the time

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
vasudhir_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Brand new Back-UPS Pro 1000 - Fan is running all the time

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/19/2012

I bought a new Back-UPS Pro 1000 a couple of weeks back. There were no issues with it till yesterday.But since yesterday I hear the fan running all the time. Even when there is no load connected to the UPS. The UPS itself was switched off, but mains power to UPS was on. The fan was running the whole night! What could be the issue?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Brand new Back-UPS Pro 1000 - Fan is running all the time

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 9/19/2012

Can you confirm the model # and serial # from the white sticker on the back of the unit?

See Answer In Context

vasudhir_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/20/2012

Model # BR1000G-IN
Serial# EB1216003091
Date of Purchase: 03-Sept-2012

Here's some more updates after I posted this topic:
- The fan was continuously running
- Then the UPS continuously started to beep (with the mains ON)
- I noticed that the battery was not charging even with the mains ON for more than an hour. None of the blocks were illuminated.
- To confirm I switched off the mains and the UPS immediately died.

I unplugged the mains, made sure the UPS was switched off and kept it in that state for around 30 mins. Then I switched on the main power, turned on the UPS and the fan started. This time after around a couple of hours I could see that the battery was charging (a few blocks were illuminated). After a few hours the battery was fully charged. I switched off the mains to check if I get the backup and it behaved properly.

Later in the day I noticed that all the blocks were illuminated and the fan had stopped. As of now, the fan is still off and the issue seems to have gone away.

I will continue to monitor it and update this topic in case any issue crops up.

Regards.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 9/19/2012

Can you confirm the model # and serial # from the white sticker on the back of the unit?

vasudhir_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/20/2012

Model # BR1000G-IN
Serial# EB1216003091
Date of Purchase: 03-Sept-2012

Here's some more updates after I posted this topic:
- The fan was continuously running
- Then the UPS continuously started to beep (with the mains ON)
- I noticed that the battery was not charging even with the mains ON for more than an hour. None of the blocks were illuminated.
- To confirm I switched off the mains and the UPS immediately died.

I unplugged the mains, made sure the UPS was switched off and kept it in that state for around 30 mins. Then I switched on the main power, turned on the UPS and the fan started. This time after around a couple of hours I could see that the battery was charging (a few blocks were illuminated). After a few hours the battery was fully charged. I switched off the mains to check if I get the backup and it behaved properly.

Later in the day I noticed that all the blocks were illuminated and the fan had stopped. As of now, the fan is still off and the issue seems to have gone away.

I will continue to monitor it and update this topic in case any issue crops up.

Regards.