Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349745posts

Max Wattage for BR1500G Back-ups

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Max Wattage for BR1500G Back-ups

This question was originally posted by John Michael on APC forums on 2/4/2015

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I have a BR1500G which is rated at 865 Watts. My question is: Does the 865W max only apply to the 5 battery backup-surge protection outlets or does it apply to all of the outlets. 

In other words theoretically if I have 300 watts worth of equipment plugged into the battery backup outlets-surge protection outlets and 1000 watts plugged into the surge protection only outlets will this overload the machine?

Thanks for the help 🙂

JM

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Max Wattage for BR1500G Back-ups

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 2/5/2015

Hi,

The maximum output of the battery-surge outlets is 865 watts. The units breaker is rated at 12 amps for the combined load. In you example the load would be 10.83 amps so the unit can handle it but it is very close to the tripping point.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi,

The maximum output of the battery-surge outlets is 865 watts. The units breaker is rated at 12 amps for the combined load. In you example the load would be 10.83 amps so the unit can handle it but it is very close to the tripping point.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by John Michael on APC forums on 2/5/2015

Bill, Thank you for the reply! This makes total since now and I see how you got the 10.83 amps.

Thanks!

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks. I should have included the formula used to find the amps.

Amps = Watts / Volts

Assuming the input voltage is 120

1300 watts / 120 volts  = 10.8333333

sbagdon
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

That's interesting... we have some BackUPS 650s (BE650G1), and we specifically tested it to see how much total current could pass through the unit... the battery side would trip at about 525 watts, yet the unit could pass just about up to 15 amps, before tripping (before the panel breaker would trip).

Tags (1)