Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84342members
353519posts

Low current event

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
njcjsmith_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Low current event

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/4/2010

Some background: We recently had a HVAC failure that tripped the breaker assigned to that system. In so doing, it also caused a low current event across other circuits in my home and caused failure of circuit boards on two appliances. Though I'm not an electrician, I have self-diagnosed this as a "low current event" as the event-log on my PC (using apcupsd software) registered a one-second "power failure" each time we tried to reset the HVAC breaker...even though the power didn't go off.

Fortunately the APC UPS protected my computer equipment, however I was surprised to have this low current event as I had a SurgeArrest Panelmount Surge Suppressor PMP1X-A installed ~18 mos ago. According to the documentation on the PMP1X-A, this device should "react quickly to protect against dangerous high and low current wiring faults as well as other catastrophic surge events." Can anyone help me understand if I am interpreting the PMP1X-A documentation correctly? Is there something else I'm missing here?

Thank you!
Nate

Accepted Solutions
njcjsmith_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Low current event

Some background: We recently had a HVAC failure that tripped the breaker assigned to that system. In so doing, it also caused a low current event across other circuits in my home and caused failure of circuit boards on two appliances. Though I'm not an electrician, I have self-diagnosed this as a "low current event" as the event-log on my PC (using apcupsd software) registered a one-second "power failure" each time we tried to reset the HVAC breaker...even though the power didn't go off.

Fortunately the APC UPS protected my computer equipment, however I was surprised to have this low current event as I had a SurgeArrest Panelmount Surge Suppressor PMP1X-A installed ~18 mos ago. According to the documentation on the PMP1X-A, this device should "react quickly to protect against dangerous high and low current wiring faults as well as other catastrophic surge events." Can anyone help me understand if I am interpreting the PMP1X-A documentation correctly? Is there something else I'm missing here?

Thank you!
Nate

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
njcjsmith_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Low current event

Thank you!
Nate