Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84388members
353577posts

Is there an adapter for a BN4001 that will allow a DSL/Modem phone line to be plugged into the Back-UPS RJ-45 connectors protecting the phone line. Salesman sold me wrong unit, said the unit would work on my system

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
maxsclassic_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Is there an adapter for a BN4001 that will allow a DSL/Modem phone line to be plugged into the Back-UPS RJ-45 connectors protecting the phone line. Salesman sold me wrong unit, said the unit would work on my system

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/17/2013

While installing my second APC Backup/Surge protector, I discovered the salesman sold me the wrong unit for a DSL/Modem line.

Is there an adapter for a BN4001 that will allow a DSL/Modem phone line be plugged into the Back-UPS RJ_45 connectors to

protect the line?

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Is there an adapter for a BN4001 that will allow a DSL/Modem phone line to be plugged into the Back-UPS RJ-45 connectors protecting the phone line. Salesman sold me wrong unit, said the unit would work on my system

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 11/18/2013

We do not have an adapter for the Back-UPS but you can purchase a ProtectNet PTEL2 to protect the DSL line.

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=PTEL2

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Is there an adapter for a BN4001 that will allow a DSL/Modem phone line to be plugged into the Back-UPS RJ-45 connectors protecting the phone line. Salesman sold me wrong unit, said the unit would work on my system

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 11/18/2013

We do not have an adapter for the Back-UPS but you can purchase a ProtectNet PTEL2 to protect the DSL line.

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=PTEL2