Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82694members
350417posts

Help picking UPS for Modem and Router

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
txczshooter_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Help picking UPS for Modem and Router

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/10/2011

Hello all.

We just moved into a new neighborhood where the power system appears to be a lot more sensitive to weather condition than where we previously lived.
I'm looking for a UPS to protect and power our modem and router for 2-3 hours. We previously had AT&T Uverse internet that came with a proprietary Belkin UPS
that contained a batter rated at 12V 28W. Not sure how helpful that is. The router I know is 12VDC w/ 2A draw. I would assume the modem is the same. I'm sorry
I'm no electrical genius. That said, can anyone recommend a specific model, or a range of specs I should look into?

Thanks!!!!

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Help picking UPS for Modem and Router

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 10/11/2011

If You Want 2-3 Hours I Would Go With The Back-Ups BX1000G

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP