Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84588members
353854posts

H15 input question

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
bborzell_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

H15 input question

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/13/2010

I recently ordered an APC H15 and I am wondering about the designations given for the rear panel connectors. Specifically, there are two outlets labeled "High Current Filter Outlets". I have three amps for my main system (200x3, 150x2 and 105x2) and two other amps (each is bridged at 150x1) for zone 2.

Obviously 5 amps is more than 2 so, if I use the 2 HC outlets for the 200x3 and the 150x2, for example, I am wondering where I should plug in the other 3 amps.

While I am at it, the rest of the system includes:

Emotiva UMC-1 processor
OPPO BDP-83 Blu-Ray player
Toshiba HD-DVD player
Adcom CD player
Dish VIP622 Sat receiver
Xbox 360

Any suggestions as to what should plug in where would be appreciated. Thanks

...Bob

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: H15 input question

This reply was originally posted by Laurie on APC forums on 4/13/2010

From the manual:

Digital Filter Outlets provides filtering of the incoming AC power to protected your most sensitive digital devices (CD, DVD, DVR, CATV/SAT, Monitor, and > AUX (one auxiliary digital device).

Note: Any digital device can be plugged into the digital outlets, any video device can be plugged into either of the video outlets, etc. Example, if you have a > cable box and a satellite receiver, but no monitor, you can plug the cable box into the "CATV/SAT" outlet, and the satellite receiver into the "Monitor" outlet. > Video Filter Outlets provide filtering for your video devices (TV and VCR).

Analog Filter Outlets provide filtering for your analog-based equipment (Tuner/AUX and Preamp/Receiver).

High Current Filter Outlets provide filtering for your high-current devices (Subwoofer and Amplifier).
That means you can plug most of your equipment into the digital outlets. The other amps... It doesn't really matter. Whatever ones are available really, since there are only 2 designed for the high amp equipment. Just keep in mind the unit is limited at 1500va and the 15a that plugs it into the wall, and you can only setup a delay on those 2 outlets labeled "delayed." So be careful not to overload it or it will just cut power.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: H15 input question

This reply was originally posted by Laurie on APC forums on 4/13/2010

From the manual:

Digital Filter Outlets provides filtering of the incoming AC power to protected your most sensitive digital devices (CD, DVD, DVR, CATV/SAT, Monitor, and > AUX (one auxiliary digital device).

Note: Any digital device can be plugged into the digital outlets, any video device can be plugged into either of the video outlets, etc. Example, if you have a > cable box and a satellite receiver, but no monitor, you can plug the cable box into the "CATV/SAT" outlet, and the satellite receiver into the "Monitor" outlet. > Video Filter Outlets provide filtering for your video devices (TV and VCR).

Analog Filter Outlets provide filtering for your analog-based equipment (Tuner/AUX and Preamp/Receiver).

High Current Filter Outlets provide filtering for your high-current devices (Subwoofer and Amplifier).
That means you can plug most of your equipment into the digital outlets. The other amps... It doesn't really matter. Whatever ones are available really, since there are only 2 designed for the high amp equipment. Just keep in mind the unit is limited at 1500va and the 15a that plugs it into the wall, and you can only setup a delay on those 2 outlets labeled "delayed." So be careful not to overload it or it will just cut power.