Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84343members
353521posts

Event Configuration blank page - Powerchute Business Edition on Linux

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

eriktheswede
Cadet
0 Likes

Event Configuration blank page - Powerchute Business Edition on Linux

Hi,

I have been running PowerChute Business Edition on Windows 10, but moved it to a linux machine yesterday. There is however a problem. I can't save any event configuration settings, because when I click "Apply" I get a blank page, and eventually reloading the event configuration page shows that the changes weren't saved.

Is this a known issue, and are there any fixes? I can't run it if I can't get email notifications for the appropriate events, so for now it's still running on Windows until this issue is solved.

This is with version 10.0.5.301 running on Rocky Linux (which is designed to be 100% compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux).

Some more info:

Smart-UPS 750 (SMT750I)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (17.0.1+12-39)

Connects using the serial port.

Edit:

Since updating PCBA on Windows to the same (latest available) version I have the same issue there.

The web UI says there's a newer version available but when following the link and downloading the latest version it turns out to not be a more recent version.

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Event Configuration blank page - Powerchute Business Edition on Linux

@eriktheswede 

I tested Agent 10.0.5 on Red Hat 8.5 and cannot recrate the issue. If I get a change I will load Rock Linux.

AS for the Update, this is a know issue after an updated from and older version of the Agent and will be resolved with the next release. If you want to resolve the message you should uninstall the Agent and then reinstall. The issue will go away.

Tags (1)
eriktheswede
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: Event Configuration blank page - Powerchute Business Edition on Linux

It being a known issue when upgrading would explain why it happened on the windows machine, but the install on Rocky Linux is a fresh one on a newly installed VM.

Worst case I'll have to wait until the next version.

Tags (1)