Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82396members
349901posts

ES 500 suddenly shuts off with long beeping sound after a power surge

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
tan_tan_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

ES 500 suddenly shuts off with long beeping sound after a power surge

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/8/2011

HI! a power surge occurred while I was playing my Playstation 3 which was connected to my ES 500 and surprised that my ups shut off (like all the electrical appliances in my room) with a long beeping sound. I am wondering if there is an explanation for this. thanks

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: ES 500 suddenly shuts off with long beeping sound after a power surge

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/9/2011

well, if its a BE500R, per the white sticker on the UPS, i checked the user's guide which i will post here and it states that this is due to an overload shutdown. perhaps somehow the UPS got temporarily overloaded? it does sound isolated and if it does it constantly, its a problem but you may also want to check and see how many items are plugged into the battery backup outlets besides the PS3 and see if maybe you connected something else recently to get it close to an overload state.

See Answer In Context

Attachments
3 Replies 3
tan_tan_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/9/2011

the power indicator of my ups shut off also and a long beeping sound could be heard. I turned it off and turned it on again and it's working ok again, is this an isolated case? thanks for replying.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

a constant tone can happen in a few different conditions. did you see any LEDs along with this? if so, what color and what pattern? is it working correctly now or is this condition not clearing?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

well, if its a BE500R, per the white sticker on the UPS, i checked the user's guide which i will post here and it states that this is due to an overload shutdown. perhaps somehow the UPS got temporarily overloaded? it does sound isolated and if it does it constantly, its a problem but you may also want to check and see how many items are plugged into the battery backup outlets besides the PS3 and see if maybe you connected something else recently to get it close to an overload state.

Attachments