Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84591members
353857posts

Convincing my APC J10 that the new battery is installed

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
cci8j_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Convincing my APC J10 that the new battery is installed

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/20/2016

I've gotten reliable service from my APC J10 for a number of years. I can't quite recall if I've replaced the battery before, but it's possible.

Recently, I acquired a replacement battery and installed it (powering down, disconnecting, removing, re-connecting, powering-up). I have been aggressive at trying to dissipate any residual charge (I've seen posts here that recommend that), but I'm unaware of any menu-based resetting I need to do. Anyway, the initial self-test aborts and says a battery isn't connected. 

I'll admit that the connector is specialized and possibly hard to ensure connection, but I'm pretty sure it's connected. Of course, the retaining bar is correctly in place. 

Has anyone else seen this behavior? 

The battery is brand new from a reputable source, but of course it could be bad. 

Even though the battery was indicated as "missing," I left the unit on for > 48 hours, in case it was an initial-charge sort of thing.

Any advice would be welcome, I'm out of ideas.

Accepted Solutions
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: Convincing my APC J10 that the new battery is installed

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/22/2016

I've never seen one of those units anywhere, so I haven't got much to offer in the way of assistance.

My only suggestion would be to check the new batteries with a DC voltmeter and see if they have any charge. If they're very low or completely flat the unit might not be able to detect them.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: Convincing my APC J10 that the new battery is installed

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/22/2016

I've never seen one of those units anywhere, so I haven't got much to offer in the way of assistance.

My only suggestion would be to check the new batteries with a DC voltmeter and see if they have any charge. If they're very low or completely flat the unit might not be able to detect them.