Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84243members
353342posts

Calculate Total Power (Watts)

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
kkxenon_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Calculate Total Power (Watts)

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/29/2011

Hi all,

I will ask you for a little help.

We want to buy a UPS device. We have servers with redundant power supply and I do not know how to calculate Total Power (Watts). I do not know whether the server uses the power of two power inputs or just one input supply. For example if the server has 2 x 1200W standard hot-plug, optional redundant power supplies with dual power inputs, for UPS capacity (Total Power) whether to collect 2 x 1200 = 2400W or just 1200W?

Can you recommend any literature where these things are explained?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Calculate Total Power (Watts)

This reply was originally posted by Bernard on APC forums on 6/30/2011

Hi kkxenon,

Can you provide the brand/make & model of those servers?Most often that not, the manufacturers have the average power draw of the server listed in their tech specs.

I hope this helps.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Calculate Total Power (Watts)

This reply was originally posted by Bernard on APC forums on 6/30/2011

Hi kkxenon,

Can you provide the brand/make & model of those servers?Most often that not, the manufacturers have the average power draw of the server listed in their tech specs.

I hope this helps.