Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82401members
349905posts

Battery charging time on new BX1000G BACK-UPS XS 1000VA

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
artminds_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Battery charging time on new BX1000G BACK-UPS XS 1000VA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/21/2012

Just brought home a new BX1000G and plugged it in over 6 hours ago. Battery charge indicator hasn't moved from the 40% mark. In fact, I think it was at 60% when I first plugged it in. The Serial Number indicates it was manufactured in the 24th week of 2012. So it has probably been sitting on the shelf at Fry's Electronics in Burbank for 6 months. Could that account for the battery condition? I haven't connected any load to it, in case it's not going to charge. Is this normal? Should I just wait another 18 hours or so to see if it fully charges?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Battery charging time on new BX1000G BACK-UPS XS 1000VA

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/21/2012

For BackUPS, the usual recharge time would be 24 hours. After 24 hours and the charge hasn't reach 100% kindly unplug the UPS and see if it would run on battery and if the battery charge would change and if the runtime on the UPS changes. Give it a minute or two before plugging back in the UPS.

Also, ensure that the battery is fully seated/connected on the UPS.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Battery charging time on new BX1000G BACK-UPS XS 1000VA

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/21/2012

For BackUPS, the usual recharge time would be 24 hours. After 24 hours and the charge hasn't reach 100% kindly unplug the UPS and see if it would run on battery and if the battery charge would change and if the runtime on the UPS changes. Give it a minute or two before plugging back in the UPS.

Also, ensure that the battery is fully seated/connected on the UPS.