Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84572members
353845posts

Back UPS RS 800 - Overload

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
RandySK_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back UPS RS 800 - Overload

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/27/2010

I have a Back UPS RS 800. The batteries have just been replaced. When we had a brief power hit recently, the UPS lit up an overload light and shut everything down instead of keeping everything up. I have checked the total wattage connected and it is less than what the UPS is supposed to provide. What's going on? If it's going to shut down every time there's a power flux, it's useless.

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
RandySK_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Back UPS RS 800 - Overload

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/28/2010

Interestingly, in the past two days, we in the Midwest we have had huge windstorms. We lost power both days. When I lost power, the UPS kept both computers up correctly. What does this say about the problem, that is overloads on power fluxes but works with power outages?

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
RandySK_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/28/2010

Interestingly, in the past two days, we in the Midwest we have had huge windstorms. We lost power both days. When I lost power, the UPS kept both computers up correctly. What does this say about the problem, that is overloads on power fluxes but works with power outages?

RandySK_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/28/2013

No, this has happened several times, including times when no power flux is happening.  It happened once when I was out of town.  It shut down my entire server and I had to have someone go there and physically restart it.  That is the exact _opposite_ of what a UPS is supposed to do.  Why should it shut off and never come back on?  There needs to be a better way to handle that.  I need to know why it is getting an overload when the totals are below its rating.  I have not added any devices to the UPS since it was set up and I have verified the totals again.

Your response sounds like a lot of technobabble.  I don't know what makes power 'distorted'.  No lights were flickering and no other devices had any problems.  What is 'transfer time'?  Transfer between what and what?  It shouldn't matter if power supplies tried to draw their full capacity.  As I have said several times, the total power draw of all the devices connected is less than the rating for the UPS.

email2christou_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/29/2016

Hi, i had the same problem and i solved!

I don't know if all of this steps matters but because i have done this way, i wrote it.

-First disconnect everything from apc and the battery (i left only the usb cable),
-Try to open it...
-Plug the power cable for apc.
-Now open it... the (change battery led is on), i push some times (for 10 secs) the power button,
 just to see if there is some reset function... i have done this twice...
-Now, push the power button for 10 secs (you are going to choose sensitivity level),
 until the leds starts to flashing, press the power button again and choose the third led.
-Try to open it... the problem it stills there...
 when green light is on i keep push it for 2-3 secs,
-Power off...
-Now do the same and choose the first led.
-Connect the Battery and press the power button for some secs...
READY!!!

Maybe between this steps i push the power button for some secs more or more times (2-3), try it and who knows, maybe it's working for you to!

Generally i use the power button only, (pushed for some secs), and plug-unplug the battery and the power cable...

GooD LucK

Tags (3)