Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84595members
353862posts

Back-UPS LS-700 right-angle plug doesn't fit recessed outlet

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
kira13_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/17/2010

Is there any acceptable way for me to plug my LS-700 into the recessed, round, single floor outlet that I need to use it in? The right-angle plug of this UPS (and of pretty much all the UPSes I have ever owned) does not fit. Is there a very short (<12") extension cord or adapter that I could use?

If not, is there an APC unit that has a standard power cord instead of the right-angle or space-saving type? I need this to protect an Xbox 360 Elite. The power outlet is under two theater-style chairs with a table between them, which is where the Xbox is; plugging into a wall would mean an ugly cord across a great expanse of floor (if it would even reach from the nearest wall). Besides the Xbox, I also need to plug in 3 device chargers and a laptop, but none of those need battery backup.

Thanks,
Kira

Accepted Solutions
kira13_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Is there any acceptable way for me to plug my LS-700 into the recessed, round, single floor outlet that I need to use it in? The right-angle plug of this UPS (and of pretty much all the UPSes I have ever owned) does not fit. Is there a very short (<12") extension cord or adapter that I could use?

If not, is there an APC unit that has a standard power cord instead of the right-angle or space-saving type? I need this to protect an Xbox 360 Elite. The power outlet is under two theater-style chairs with a table between them, which is where the Xbox is; plugging into a wall would mean an ugly cord across a great expanse of floor (if it would even reach from the nearest wall). Besides the Xbox, I also need to plug in 3 device chargers and a laptop, but none of those need battery backup.

Thanks,
Kira

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
kira13_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS LS-700 right-angle plug doesn't fit recessed outlet

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/18/2010

Thanks, that's all I needed to know! I looked up the Trade-UPS value; it's $124, which is more than the CDW price in the link you posted. So I think I'll go with the extension cord for now and make use of my new battery. If anything goes wrong with my LS700, I'll keep the RS900 in mind for the future. (I'll check my husband's RS1500; he has a floor outlet under his desk, and I think he was able to plug his RS1500 directly into it. Maybe the whole RS line has normal plugs.)

Thanks again,
Kira

kira13_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks,
Kira