Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84577members
353848posts

Back-UPS 650 ES Red blinking LED, solid tone

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
bluguitar89_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back-UPS 650 ES Red blinking LED, solid tone

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/8/2015

I have a Back-UPS 650 ES that I haven't used in maybe 2 years, but worked well before then. I go to hook my systems up to it today and I get a solid tone with a red blinking LED. When its on it delivers power to my devices, but the tone is too much to bear ><

I have tried unplugging things to make sure its not overloaded, but it does this even when there's nothing plugged into it.

Is this thing dead?

Model number appears to be BE650R

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS 650 ES Red blinking LED, solid tone

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/8/2015

Hi Jacob,

You'll find the product page for BE650R here: http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE650R 

I'll attach the PDF user's guide since our website URL isn't working properly. Essentially, this is telling you to replace the internal battery. That makes sense if it has been sitting, discharged for about 2 years.

You can look into replacing the battery, APC part number RBC17 or also since the UPS is older, consider the Trade-UPS program. I mention that because sometimes a new battery can be almost as much as a new unit with a new battery and new warranty. Some info on that program here if you find yourself interested in doing that rather than just getting a new battery (http://www.apc.com/company/us/en/sustainability/recycling-options/eco-friendly-options/?ROCtyCode=Un...

If you go with the new battery, install it, let it charge for at least 8-12 hours (with the UPS turned off if the tone is annoying) and then turn the UPS on. The battery charges as long as the UPS is plugged in.

Hope that helps!

See Answer In Context

Attachments
1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS 650 ES Red blinking LED, solid tone

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/8/2015

Hi Jacob,

You'll find the product page for BE650R here: http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE650R 

I'll attach the PDF user's guide since our website URL isn't working properly. Essentially, this is telling you to replace the internal battery. That makes sense if it has been sitting, discharged for about 2 years.

You can look into replacing the battery, APC part number RBC17 or also since the UPS is older, consider the Trade-UPS program. I mention that because sometimes a new battery can be almost as much as a new unit with a new battery and new warranty. Some info on that program here if you find yourself interested in doing that rather than just getting a new battery (http://www.apc.com/company/us/en/sustainability/recycling-options/eco-friendly-options/?ROCtyCode=Un...

If you go with the new battery, install it, let it charge for at least 8-12 hours (with the UPS turned off if the tone is annoying) and then turn the UPS on. The battery charges as long as the UPS is plugged in.

Hope that helps!

Attachments