Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82695members
350420posts

Back UP RS 1200 question

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
GRB70_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Back UP RS 1200 question

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/23/2012

Currently I have my UPS attached to a dedicated outlet which limits how far things reach. To make access easier for me, I was wanting to reorganize, however, my UPS won't allow it, because it's power cord is to short. And it's plugged in to the only dedicated outlet. Would it be OK if I were to use some extension cable or is it possible to purchase a longer cable, to allow me to accomplish what I need? I plan on purchasing a newer model and hopefully have a longer cord on that. Until then I was hoping I could accomplish the above?

thank you very much,

GRB70 🙂

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back UP RS 1200 question

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 4/3/2012

We do not recommend using extension cords with our UPS'. That doesn't mean it will not work power wise however it may not be up to electric code and may void any EPP if any damage occurs. You didn't specify which UPS you are using so i can't be 100 % sure, but we don't usually have an option for using an alternate power cord in the US.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back UP RS 1200 question

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 4/3/2012

We do not recommend using extension cords with our UPS'. That doesn't mean it will not work power wise however it may not be up to electric code and may void any EPP if any damage occurs. You didn't specify which UPS you are using so i can't be 100 % sure, but we don't usually have an option for using an alternate power cord in the US.