Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82401members
349905posts

BX 1500 LCD No Longer Working

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
scrupul0us_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

BX 1500 LCD No Longer Working

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/18/2011

I've had this unit for a while and it's always worked rock solid...

I haven't had much time to spend in my office lately so the other day when I finally made it in I noticed my PC was off... I then noticed the APC was completely off as well...

So I held the power button, the unit beeped once, LCD turned on and about 10 seconds later I hear the inverter kick-on and basically didn't think anything of it

I then turned on my PC and about 15 seconds into POST it shut off due to the APC shutting completely off.. No beeps, buzzers etc...

I figured the batteries were dead so I unplugged my PC, turned the APC back on (same startup sequence occurred) and I walked away for a few days

I came back today to see the APC online but the batteries completely at 0%

I checked PowerChute (from my laptop) and confirmed a runtime of 0%, 120V input and "Charging" as the status... running a self-test causes the APC to completely shut off again with no alarms, etc

There are no other indicators on the LCD besides and empty load and empty battery gauge

The voltage to the unit is just fine as I have my PC running on the other receptacle the UPS is plugged into via a dumb surge protector

The little fuse button in the back isnt popped (that I can tell) and pushing on it does nothing

Now I'm debating buying a new battery pack but I've read a bunch of other threads that indicate the unit itself may be toast

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BX 1500 LCD No Longer Working

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 12/29/2011

Even if your unit is out of warranty they will be glad to diagnose the problem

See Answer In Context

7 Replies 7
chewybtc_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/19/2011

So even when you have it plugged into wall the top "plug" icon and the bar are not lit up at all? That sounds bad? See my post about my unit, but i don't think that is the same problem you are having.

scrupul0us_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/19/2011

Little update...

I came upstairs to check this post and for giggles I pressed the display button once, the speaker indicator came on and now I get two beeps every 5 seconds for about 60 seconds total

No other indicators other than battery and load gauge are illuminated

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 12/27/2011

Have you contacted our Technical Support team Brian?

scrupul0us_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/24/2011

Well no, the "online" and "plug" are visible.. When I said nothing else was visible i meant to say there are no out of the ordinary indicators on

scrupul0us_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/24/2011

Plot thickens

Powerchute just popped up and said an internal fault has been detected and to contact APC to replace the unit

scrupul0us_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/28/2011

Jon,

Admittedly I have not.

What is the most efficient means of doing so in regards to this specific issue?

Thank you 😃

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 12/29/2011

Even if your unit is out of warranty they will be glad to diagnose the problem