Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82528members
350132posts

BRS800BLK (Back UPS RS 800) flashing OVERLOAD and REPLACE BATTERY LEDs.

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
brian.r.hamilton
Cadet
0 Likes

BRS800BLK (Back UPS RS 800) flashing OVERLOAD and REPLACE BATTERY LEDs.

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/5/2011

Started doing this about a week ago for no obvious reason so I thought the battery was finally not taking a charge & replaced it with a new genuine APC RBC32. The UPS worked fine & showed about 70% charge in Windows GUI for the first day but the battery gradually depleted until the same 2 LEDs started flashing again. The unit does not supply power when these LEDs are flashing & apparently won't charge the battery. I now suspect there is something wrong with the UPS itself (not charging) & my old battery is fine. I doubt it's worth sending in for repair but I could make basic repairs myself (computer & electrical engineer). Any suggestions on what's wrong or what else to check/look for?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BRS800BLK (Back UPS RS 800) flashing OVERLOAD and REPLACE BATTERY LEDs.

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/16/2011

while R2 is most likely correct, i was just wondering, are these LEDs alternating or simultaneously flashing? they are the bottom two LEDs on the front. if they are flashing simultaneously, it appears to be a clamp short fault. not sure what that means to be honest.

don't forget to check if its under warranty. http://www.apc.com/site/support/index.cfm/warranty-services/ups-factory-warranty-status/

See Answer In Context

7 Replies 7
santoshmaster_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Re: APC Backups BR-800 Issue flashing OVERLOAD - Complaint Number C1-3146638382

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/21/2011

Finally APC replaced my motherboard after 10 days. It's good that APC India is caring .....
Thanking again for good support.

santoshmaster_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

APC Backups BR-800 Issue flashing OVERLOAD - Complaint Number C1-3146638382

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/18/2011

UPS : APC Backups BR-800
Date of Purchase : 4th April
Issue: flashing OVERLOAD & no more functional
Complain Date: 11th Oct
Complaint Number: C1-3146638382

APC support agent reached with refurbished old dirty UPS which instantly died in front of support guy.

I am totally puzzled why would a company who has committed on
warranty, refuse to honor it. Did I buy Refurbished UPS??????????????
I have only requested to repair my UPS & nothing else. If really they wants to replace that should be with new one only.
Afterward No support has reached although I live in Kolkata.

I will request to every possible potential buyer to avoid APC India product.
They are doing dirty business now.

Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/19/2011

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I ve asked the concerned team in India to look into your issue. I hope that the issue will be solved at the earliest.

santoshmaster_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/21/2011

My Back UPS BR-800 Motherboard has been replaced but I am observing it is not supporting cold start any more.
Battery is 100% charged.
My current PC power load is 156 Watt only.
Prior experience was different. My UPS was able to cold start. Can you please advice the reason & solution????

DieselMonk_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/16/2011

I think the MOV's are shorted to ground. Maybe got hit by a power spike of some sort or lightning. In other words the surge protection isn't working.

R2_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/16/2011

Hi Brian, based on you scenario there it sounds like there is some type of issue with the unit itself. Unfortunately APC does not repair such issues as this and would recommend looking at replacing the UPS (we do offer a trade ups programs to get a discount on a new UPS). Hope this helps.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/16/2011

while R2 is most likely correct, i was just wondering, are these LEDs alternating or simultaneously flashing? they are the bottom two LEDs on the front. if they are flashing simultaneously, it appears to be a clamp short fault. not sure what that means to be honest.

don't forget to check if its under warranty. http://www.apc.com/site/support/index.cfm/warranty-services/ups-factory-warranty-status/