Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82397members
349904posts

BP1000, missing front panel

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Scrufdog_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

BP1000, missing front panel

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/25/2015

I came across a BP1000 with dead batteries, and missing the front panel. I installed 2 good 12vDC batteries for 24vDC, and plugged it in. Nice hum from the transformer, a single beep, a click or 2, and it sits. Its charging the batteries just fine. 118 vAC are getting to the main relay (RLY 1), but not passing to the outlets, since the unit is off. However, with no front panel, I need to know how to turn it on. The ribbin cable has 8 wires on it, although its labeled 1-10 on the main board, odd. Anyway, on the J11C socket (for the ribbin cable) I have 4.9vDC on pin 8, 4.4vDC on pin 5, and GND on pin 4. Are one of these pins listening for a low(GND) or high(~4.5vDC) signal to turn the unit on? Would it be possible to get a pinout of the ribbon cable, or a full schematic for the unit? My only other thought would be to try going in through the DB9 serial with a laptop and turn it on.

I cant seem to find any available front panels for this unit, and I wouldnt want to spend more than $10 to test it anyway.

Thanks for any help