Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82695members
350419posts

BP 650 S UPS and data port using Apple computer

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
wash_at_shaw.ca_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

BP 650 S UPS and data port using Apple computer

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/27/2009

Hi

I have a BP 650 s pro ups for my computer and crt monitor, UPS 250 for the cable modem and wirelss router and UPS 280 supporting the laptop lcd monitor. These are atleast 10 years old and working.

I wonder what sort of lifetime can I expect from these units. Can you tell me how old your APC ups is? What sort of life have you gotten?

Ken

Accepted Solutions
mtroha_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: BP 650 S UPS and data port using Apple computer

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/28/2009

Ken,

Most people will say that UPS systems have a lifetime of around 8 to 10 years, as they are mechanical pieces of equipment and are subject to having those parts wear out after a longer period of time. Much of that depends on how often the ups has to switch to and from battery. That's not to say a UPS couldn't last longer, or shorter, than the mentioned lifetime.

The batteries in these units typically last 3-5 years themselves before needing replacement. If I were you, I would probably start to look at trading those older models in on some up-to-date models. The newer models will probably be more efficient than the older ones, and will guarentee that you aren't in a bad situation if one of those old UPS's die when you need it most.

-Mike

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
mtroha_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: BP 650 S UPS and data port using Apple computer

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/28/2009

Ken,

Most people will say that UPS systems have a lifetime of around 8 to 10 years, as they are mechanical pieces of equipment and are subject to having those parts wear out after a longer period of time. Much of that depends on how often the ups has to switch to and from battery. That's not to say a UPS couldn't last longer, or shorter, than the mentioned lifetime.

The batteries in these units typically last 3-5 years themselves before needing replacement. If I were you, I would probably start to look at trading those older models in on some up-to-date models. The newer models will probably be more efficient than the older ones, and will guarentee that you aren't in a bad situation if one of those old UPS's die when you need it most.

-Mike