Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350104posts

Assign static IP address to SC1500 UPS - No DHCP

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

FabianAllen
Cadet
0 Likes

Assign static IP address to SC1500 UPS - No DHCP

Hi everybody,

We have an SC1500 UPS connected to a managed switch (Catalyst 1000 series) with no DHCP service; and we need to connect it to the network using a static IP address to monitor its status.

Is it possible to assign it a static IP address from the switch side? I already tried with arp command to associate its MAC with an IP address, and also added its MAC to the MAC address table, but I still cannot ping the UPS; which means it didn't get the IP from the switch correctly.

arp 10.100.80.191 12ab.47dd.ff89 arpa

mac-address-table static 12ab.47dd.ff89 vlan 1 interface gigabitethernet1/5/0

What am I missing here?

Notes:

- the UPS has only the SmartConnect slot and does not have the NMC card.

- with DHCP, the UPS gets an IP automatically and I can Ping it normally; but with static IP it should be similar but no luck so far.

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Assign static IP address to SC1500 UPS - No DHCP

@FabianAllen 

You cannot set a static IP on a SMC SmartConnect UPS without DHCP and a router.

The information is published in Schneider Electric FAQ FA321794. 

Tags (1)