Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84252members
353351posts

Annoying sound from my ups SURTD5000XLI

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
ErasmusMC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/17/2010

HI,

I hope you can help me with the following.

When the ups is online it makes very annoying sound. On bypass you only hear the ventilator. See attachement for a impression on the sound. The first recorded sound is at one foot distance, the second sound is at one inch away from the UPS. It's like an old refrigerator when it's turned on.
The load is not having an effect on the sound, because the recorded sound is without any attachements on .

This UPS is brand new, hopefully it will be replaced soon.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Accepted Solutions
ErasmusMC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

HI,

When the ups is online it makes very annoying sound. On bypass you only hear the ventilator. See attachement for a impression on the sound. The first recorded sound is at one foot distance, the second sound is at one inch away from the UPS. It's like an old refrigerator when it's turned on.
The load is not having an effect on the sound, because the recorded sound is without any attachements on .

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
ErasmusMC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

HI,