Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82544members
350153posts

APC PRO8 and US Robotics 56K Voice Win 1806--Bad marriage?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Ms._Chocolat_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

APC PRO8 and US Robotics 56K Voice Win 1806--Bad marriage?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/1/2008

With my Gateway computer, I received the APC modem/surge protector and the Robotics Driver. For 5-6 yrs., I didn't have any problems; however, now Explorer and NetZero are telling me that it's the wrong driver and that I should contact the manufacturer or search on the web to get a replacement driver. I did find some companies that claim to be able to find replacements for anything,but the sites were really creepy and wanted far too much personal information. So, I came to APC; but, although I skimmed through the APC Products Section, I didn't see any drivers.

My son has been my "Geek Squad" in the past, but he's now in Iraq, so--frankly--I'm hoping to get some responsible person to give me an answer. I am experienced in using computers (started in the 70's with an accoustical conection to a time-server to run a data entry department), but I have only a small knowledge of technical aspects. Please help!

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Ms._Chocolat_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: APC PRO8 and US Robotics 56K Voice Win 1806--Bad marriage?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/9/2008

Thank you for the response. It tokk a couple of visits to the site to go through the massive listings, so I apologize for not responding sooner. The situation is this; I finally placed a technician query and the site stated that I would get a response within 24 hours. I'm now waiting for a response. Thanks again.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
voidstar_apc
Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/2/2008

The APC surge protector doesn't need a driver.

You are right to be wary about downloading drivers from creepy websites. It's much safer to download them from the modem's manufacturer: US Robotics. [Click here for US Robotic's instructions|http://www.usr.com/support/s-support101.asp?cat=int56k#findcode] on finding the right driver for you.

Ms._Chocolat_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/9/2008

Thank you for the response. It tokk a couple of visits to the site to go through the massive listings, so I apologize for not responding sooner. The situation is this; I finally placed a technician query and the site stated that I would get a response within 24 hours. I'm now waiting for a response. Thanks again.