Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84412members
353603posts

APC P6FGIN Surge indicator off. What does it indicate?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
bidmeonebay_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

APC P6FGIN Surge indicator off. What does it indicate?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/11/2016

Hi All

The surge indicator on my surge protector (Model P6FGIN under warranty) has gone off, though the power supply works as usual. Does this indicate that this no longer is a surge protector and has turned into a mere power strip?

I tried contacting the technical service team through a form on the contact us page. I got an auto-reply mail with what seems to be a ticket number acknowledging the communication saying "expect a response with in the next business day". I never got any response. 

Any advices regarding the issue or how to approach the support team are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Tharun

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
bidmeonebay_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: APC P6FGIN Surge indicator off. What does it indicate?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/16/2016

All,

Here's an update. I called up the customer service desk and they ran the things for me. After a short inspection, the technician said that the product will be replaced.

I realised that in India, the service through phone is much responsive and faster than the email channel.

Thanks

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 5/11/2016

Hi,

What is the assigned case number? I will forward the information to the proper team and have them contact you.

Thanks,

bidmeonebay_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/11/2016

Bill,

The case number is #2788-514895484-2256. I stay in Bangalore, India.

Thanks

bidmeonebay_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/16/2016

All,

Here's an update. I called up the customer service desk and they ran the things for me. After a short inspection, the technician said that the product will be replaced.

I realised that in India, the service through phone is much responsive and faster than the email channel.

Thanks