Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84255members
353353posts

APC BX1500G Powerchute reporting issue with battery

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
alamakluke
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

APC BX1500G Powerchute reporting issue with battery

I have just replaced my battery in my APC BX1500G. The new battery was tested in 2021 as per the note left with the new battery. When I run a self-test on the unit the app is reporting that my new battery did not pass a self-test, the battery in the unit need to be replace. The battery is brand new. 

Anything that I can do to fix this false error?

Thanks in advance

Luc

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: APC BX1500G Powerchute reporting issue with battery

@alamakluke 

Open the PowerChute UI and change the battery replacement date. Then run a self-test.

Battery Replace Date.png

If that does not resolve the issue you should run a calibration. 

• Stop the Power Chute software from running and disconnect the USB cable.
  • There must be at least a 30% load attached to the UPS during this procedure, and this load cannot fluctuate more than +/- 5%. THIS IS IMPORTANT
  • Attach a non-critical load to the UPS and then force the UPS on battery by disconnecting it from utility power
  • Allow the unit to run on battery until it turns off completely. The load attached to the UPS will drop.
  • If the Load is not at least 30% or if the calibration is ended before the UPS drops the load, the calibration will not work.
  • Plug the UPS back into the wall outlet and allow it to recharge (preferably turned off)

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
alamakluke
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

thanks BillP, your instructions fixed the issue. More specific the calibration was the fix.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

@alamakluke 

Open the PowerChute UI and change the battery replacement date. Then run a self-test.

Battery Replace Date.png

If that does not resolve the issue you should run a calibration. 

• Stop the Power Chute software from running and disconnect the USB cable.
  • There must be at least a 30% load attached to the UPS during this procedure, and this load cannot fluctuate more than +/- 5%. THIS IS IMPORTANT
  • Attach a non-critical load to the UPS and then force the UPS on battery by disconnecting it from utility power
  • Allow the unit to run on battery until it turns off completely. The load attached to the UPS will drop.
  • If the Load is not at least 30% or if the calibration is ended before the UPS drops the load, the calibration will not work.
  • Plug the UPS back into the wall outlet and allow it to recharge (preferably turned off)
Tags (1)
alamakluke
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

thanks BillP, your instructions fixed the issue. More specific the calibration was the fix.

Tags (1)