Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82421members
349937posts

APC BR1500GI and 5 years battery :O

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

APC BR1500GI and 5 years battery :O

This question was originally posted by Davide on APC forums on 10/9/2015

Hi all,
I have purchased my APC BR1500GI five years ago.

Since than I never replaced the battery. 5 years is a long period.
The UPS rarely kick in since my AC is really good and stable but 5 years is a lot.

Should I replace the batteries or my APC is smart enough to notice me if a change is needed?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: APC BR1500GI and 5 years battery :O

This reply was originally posted by Jordan on APC forums on 10/9/2015

My personal suggestion would be to replace it sooner than later because a five year old battery is still quite old and even though it runs well enough to pass a self test.  A new battery will obviously provide more runtime than a 5 year old battery.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Hi Davide,

The UPS has a "self-test" feature to check its battery - out of the box, the UPS is set to run a self test every 2 weeks, but you may run one manually as you please as well.  You are correct, 5 years is a long period and you may want to consider replacing the battery in advance, but the unit is intelligent to alert you of battery issues.

Regards,

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Davide on APC forums on 10/9/2015

self test passes without issues.

what is your suggestion? should I change the battery?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

My personal suggestion would be to replace it sooner than later because a five year old battery is still quite old and even though it runs well enough to pass a self test.  A new battery will obviously provide more runtime than a 5 year old battery.