Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84253members
353352posts

Measuring power usage per PDU across time

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Measuring power usage per PDU across time

This question was originally posted by Stuart on APC forums on 6/7/2016

I want to chart power usage across time, on my in-rack PDUs, and I'm having trouble finding the Object Values for the 2nd (daisy-chained) PDU.

SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: APC Web/SNMP Management Card (MB:v4.1.0 PF:v6.4.0 PN:apc_hw05_aos_640.bin AF1:v6.4.0 AN1:apc_hw05_rpdu2g_640.bin MN:AP8841 HR:02 SN: 5A1516E01497 MD:04/14/2015)
SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: PowerNet-MIB::masterSwitchrPDU2

I can see that I have (2) PDUs:

PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2BankTableSize.0 = INTEGER: 2
PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2BankConfigIndex.1 = INTEGER: 1
PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2BankConfigIndex.2 = INTEGER: 2

Which allows me to grab total Amp draw on each one:

PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2BankStatusCurrent.1 = INTEGER: 14
PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2BankStatusCurrent.2 = INTEGER: 0

But I do not see anything similar for Power.  I was expecting to see something like:

PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2BankStatusPower.1 = INTEGER: 14
PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2BankStatusPower.2 = INTEGER: 0

But these MIB entries aren't there (and are not defined in PowerNet-MIB

I have found the following:

PowerNet-MIB::rPDUIdentDevicePowerWatts.0 = INTEGER: 240
PowerNet-MIB::rPDUIdentDevicePowerFactor.0 = INTEGER: 810
PowerNet-MIB::rPDUIdentDevicePowerVA.0 = INTEGER: 290

PowerNet-MIB::rPDU2DeviceStatusPower.1 = INTEGER: 24

Along the same vein, I also do not see how to query Voltage or even Power Supply status on the 2nd Bank.

Are these queries not supported yet?  Or is there another way of getting them?

--sk

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Measuring power usage per PDU across time

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/7/2016

Hi Stuart,

The items you're looking for are only available at the total PDU (device) level and not at the bank level. To clarify, we don't offer a bank power value (only load value in amps) and same with PDU input voltage. You've found the OIDs I mentioned which give you the power and VA at the total device level.

Also you mentioned "power supply status" .. if you're referring to the internal DC power supplies, the PDU power supply status isn't something you look at within each bank - there is only one power supply alarm state to monitor in a metered PDU and two power supplies/states in a switched rack PDU for redundancy and maintaining outlet on/off status in case of a singular power supply failure. These OIDs for monitoring the internal power supplies are under rPDU2DeviceStatusTable. AP8841 is a metered rack PDU.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Measuring power usage per PDU across time

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/7/2016

Hi Stuart,

The items you're looking for are only available at the total PDU (device) level and not at the bank level. To clarify, we don't offer a bank power value (only load value in amps) and same with PDU input voltage. You've found the OIDs I mentioned which give you the power and VA at the total device level.

Also you mentioned "power supply status" .. if you're referring to the internal DC power supplies, the PDU power supply status isn't something you look at within each bank - there is only one power supply alarm state to monitor in a metered PDU and two power supplies/states in a switched rack PDU for redundancy and maintaining outlet on/off status in case of a singular power supply failure. These OIDs for monitoring the internal power supplies are under rPDU2DeviceStatusTable. AP8841 is a metered rack PDU.