Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353855posts

Horizontal 2G RPDU

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
TaSpEc_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Horizontal 2G RPDU

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/19/2013

Haven't seen one on APC.com or any questions in the forum about it, so I figured I'd ask.  Any chance the horizontal metered rpdus (AP7800/01/02/11/20/21) will get updated to a 2G version?  I currently use another vendor in my environment, but am looking to switch over to APC, specifically to an updated version of the AP7811. I would rather use a horizontal rpdu since there isn't enough room for vertical 0U rpdus and the server cable management arms in our standard cabinets.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Horizontal 2G RPDU

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/19/2013

Hello old friend smile

I don't believe we have a schedule for the horizontal PDUs yet but I just double checked. The best I can give you is that nothing is set in stone but for horizontal models, we are probably looking at about 2+ years minimum.

In the meantime, 0U models with metering by outlet are on their way (versus what we offer today - switched with metering by outlet) and then also 0U with NEMA outlets too.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/19/2013

Hello old friend smile

I don't believe we have a schedule for the horizontal PDUs yet but I just double checked. The best I can give you is that nothing is set in stone but for horizontal models, we are probably looking at about 2+ years minimum.

In the meantime, 0U models with metering by outlet are on their way (versus what we offer today - switched with metering by outlet) and then also 0U with NEMA outlets too.

TaSpEc_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/19/2013

Hey Angela!

Thanks for the quick reply!  I assume the issue lies in converting the 2G nmc into a horizontal form factor/lack of demand from other customers, especially since ISX solutions are almost always sold with 3PH 0U strips.  I was at least able to get some AP8865s in recently for a blade server project, but that will be a limited deployment.

Thanks again!