Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82759members
350547posts

How to obtain PME Folder Structure hosted in SBO via EWS?

SmartConnector Forum

Discussion of SmartConnector applications for integration of various other building management systems (BMS) into EcoStruxure Building Operation

Solved
sesa180961_brid
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How to obtain PME Folder Structure hosted in SBO via EWS?

Hi,

I have a PME instance which is hosted on SBO. In Hardware is the Endpoint setup (highlighted yello) and below in Platforms is the folder where it is hosted.

When I try to get the Container Items within "Platforms" folder using EWS as follows,

Ewsclient.GetContainerItems("00/ES/Platforms"),

PME SETC is not returned in the response's ContainerItems collection.

I am guessing hosted PME SETC is not returned because it not considered a folder/container item. But, is there a way to get the folder structure of hosted folder "PME SETC" using EWS?

Accepted Solutions
JeffBowman
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: How to obtain PME Folder Structure hosted in SBO via EWS?

Hi Maneesh,

To protect against infinite loops (for example you use an EWS server that hows yourself, which hosts them..). EBO by default filters out EWS interfaces when serving EWS.

There is a workaround for this though (which officially I won't recommend because of the potential for an infinite loop). There is an object type filter in your EWS Server Configuration and while you cannot delete the default setting you can edit the Object Type Filter to be something else. See the below screenshot.

This will allow you to see the EWS interfaces via EWS, but again you need to be careful doing this.

Regards,

-Jeff

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
JeffBowman
0 Likes

Re: How to obtain PME Folder Structure hosted in SBO via EWS?

Hi Maneesh,

To protect against infinite loops (for example you use an EWS server that hows yourself, which hosts them..). EBO by default filters out EWS interfaces when serving EWS.

There is a workaround for this though (which officially I won't recommend because of the potential for an infinite loop). There is an object type filter in your EWS Server Configuration and while you cannot delete the default setting you can edit the Object Type Filter to be something else. See the below screenshot.

This will allow you to see the EWS interfaces via EWS, but again you need to be careful doing this.

Regards,

-Jeff