Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82645members
350320posts

Can a EWS server generate an alarm that will be displayed in the EBO's alarms pane?

SmartConnector Forum

Discussion of SmartConnector applications for integration of various other building management systems (BMS) into EcoStruxure Building Operation

Solved
mike_meirovitz
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Can a EWS server generate an alarm that will be displayed in the EBO's alarms pane?

Hi,

If yes, how?

Thank you.

Mike

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
JeffBowman
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Can a EWS server generate an alarm that will be displayed in the EBO's alarms pane?

Hi Michael,

Yes, this is exactly what the AlarmItem/AlarmEvents part of the EWS Server are used for.

If you are using SmartConnector.Utilities EwsItemManager to manage your objects you can use the CreateAlarmEvent method to create an alarm event for a given AlarmItem that was created during your Setup processor.

Once you do this, the alarms should show up in EBO if you have the EWS Interface created and configured correctly.

Best Regards,

-Jeff

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
JeffBowman
0 Likes

Re: Can a EWS server generate an alarm that will be displayed in the EBO's alarms pane?

Hi Michael,

Yes, this is exactly what the AlarmItem/AlarmEvents part of the EWS Server are used for.

If you are using SmartConnector.Utilities EwsItemManager to manage your objects you can use the CreateAlarmEvent method to create an alarm event for a given AlarmItem that was created during your Setup processor.

Once you do this, the alarms should show up in EBO if you have the EWS Interface created and configured correctly.

Best Regards,

-Jeff

Tags (1)
SteveGregory
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi Jeff, do you have an example of how to do that? Just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I can create the alarm object in the set up processor using EnsureAlarmItem method and i can update the state of the alarm and the alarm object changes state in EBO, but it doesn't come up in the alarm viewer, or rather it did until i acknowledged it, now it doesn't come back, even when i change the state of the alarm object.

Tags (1)
JeffBowman

Hi Steve,

If you are using the EwsItemManager then all you should need to do is EwsItemManager.CreateAlarmEvent(alarmItem, state, message, priority, type).

If you are using the DataAdapter directly, then you can do:

DataAdapter.ActivateAlarmItem,ResetAlarmItem,AcknowledgeAlarmItem,DisableAlarmItem(AlarmItem, Message, type, Priority)

'

If the Alarm Event isn't showing up in EBO, I may try to check what either what is going on Wireshark, or test it yourself with SoapUI, to make sure you are seeing the expected alarm events.

Best Regards,

-Jeff

Tags (1)
SteveGregory
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi Jeff, working now, used the following:

var myAlarm = DataAdapter.AlarmItems.FirstOrDefault(x => x.AlternateId == "myFolder.myAlarm");

var ewsItemManager = new EwsItemManager();

ewsItemManager.DataAdapter = DataAdapter;

ewsItemManager.CreateAlarmEvent(myAlarm, EwsAlarmStateEnum.Active, "Test Alarm Active", 1);

Thanks.

Tags (1)
JeffBowman

Great! Let me know if you run into any more issues.

If I am be picky you can change:

var ewsItemManager = new EwsItemManager();

ewsItemManager.DataAdapter = DataAdapter;

to

var ewsItemManager = new EwsItemManager {DataAdapter = DataAdapter}

Same function, more precise syntax.

Best Regards,

-Jeff

Tags (1)