Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84323members
353487posts

Reading Registers via Bacnet

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa55282
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Reading Registers via Bacnet

Customer is trying to read registers of a CM4 and a Micrologic Trip Breaker by using BacNet at his BMS. He claims that he has connected to the devices but only sees blank registers. Any idea what he is missing?

Accepted Solutions
dborle
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Reading Registers via Bacnet

I don't know, if it is already available (documentation you can find on Shopping Kiosk). But I would suggest to ask your question in the "Light & Room Control" community, there someone should be able to give you an answer. I have such a device on my desk, but let be told, that you can't use it out of the box (not yet). When you like to use it for Modbus devices you will have to write some scripts to put in (which you also can find in the community mentioned before).

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
dborle
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Hi Harry,

These devices normally only are supporting Modbus RTU / Modbus TCP. How can the customer communicate over BacNet to them without using a gateway? I think, that this will be impossible. There is a new gateway from Schneider called spaceLYnk witch should support this function, but I don't have any experience with it.

BR

Daniel

Bojan
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi is missing Building and Industrial Automation multi-protocol gateway, something like this:

dborle
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Hi Bojan,

This looks good!

Does it also support NSX?

Bojan
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Daniel,

I checked my ProtoNode FPC-N34-0504, and it supports only the following devices:

Maybe you should contact FieldServer Customer Support ( support@fieldserver.com ) and ask if some other gateway versions support NSX.

Best Regards,

Bojan

matt_azzo_com_a
Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master
Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

As asked previously, can you provide any further info on spaceLYnk and when/where it might be commercially available?

dborle
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

I don't know, if it is already available (documentation you can find on Shopping Kiosk). But I would suggest to ask your question in the "Light & Room Control" community, there someone should be able to give you an answer. I have such a device on my desk, but let be told, that you can't use it out of the box (not yet). When you like to use it for Modbus devices you will have to write some scripts to put in (which you also can find in the community mentioned before).