Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84244members
353344posts

EcoStruxure Machine Expert, PacDrive3 Full Template Simulation

Machine Automation Forum

A forum addressing machine automation solutions for the complete machine lifecycle. Including offers like Machine Advisor, Modicon PLC/PacDrive, Lexium or Preventa. Discuss and share knowledge on offers relating to cloud-based service platforms, machine localization and monitoring, industrial operations control, motion products as well as safety function!

s19n
Cadet
0 Likes

EcoStruxure Machine Expert, PacDrive3 Full Template Simulation

Good morning. 
It is possible to run a simulation in Machine Expert EcoStruxure using PacDrive 3 Full Template without LMC?
I tried do it but it doesn't work. I mark "Simulation" option and next login, download application and after that I can't leave "Start" step into SR_MainMachine.
I'm hoping you can help me with it.
1.PNG

1 Reply 1
Ralf
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Re: EcoStruxure Machine Expert, PacDrive3 Full Template Simulation

Hello s19n,

the "simulation" option can be used to test pure logic in EcoStruxure Machine Expert without using hardware (LMC, M262, etc.). If you want to test a PacDrive application project we recommend to use LMC controller. You can set all drives to virtual mode and test your application.

Without LMC you cannot run PacDrive Applications or the Full Template as the "simulation" does not provide the any PacDrive firmware functions. In your case the START action is checking if the PacDrive Controller has booted up properly and will not receive any feedback as there is no response for a firmware function call.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Ralf 

Tags (1)