Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84816members
354269posts

How to create a help file for a custom Unity DFB module so that "Help on Type" works?

Industry Automation and Control Forum

This forum is addressing industrial automation design & engineering, operations, asset performance, cyber security and digital transformation for Plants & Machines.

Solved
EMurphy
Crewman
Crewman

How to create a help file for a custom Unity DFB module so that "Help on Type" works?

I have created many custom DFB for ControlExpert/Unity.  Would like to provide a help file so that when "F1" is selected on the module it appears.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
JerryBartlemay
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: How to create a help file for a custom Unity DFB module so that "Help on Type" works?

I'm sorry, no I don't.  Perhaps someone else here on Exchange has created one.  I can offer one of mine as an example, though.

See Answer In Context

Attachments
Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
JerryBartlemay
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: How to create a help file for a custom Unity DFB module so that "Help on Type" works?

This is quite easy.  Use any editor to create your help file that can save it as an HTML file with a *.htm extension.  Locate the file in the same location as the DFB in your library.  For example, if you use the default CustomLib and MyCustomFam as library and family, store it at C:\ProgramData\Schneider Electric\Control Expert 14.1\CustomLibset\V14.1\CustomLib\MyCustomFam\ENG.  Then, when you select Help On Type for your DFB, the .htm file will open.

Tags (1)
EMurphy
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thanks.  That is what I needed.  I created a test file, and it worked  as expected.

Do you know if there is a sample template to use so that the help file is similar to the existing help files?

Tags (1)
JerryBartlemay
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

I'm sorry, no I don't.  Perhaps someone else here on Exchange has created one.  I can offer one of mine as an example, though.

Attachments
Tags (1)